This isn’t the usual set of instructions for a cup of coffee, but at Fifty5 Rivers Cold Brew we serve more than just cold brew. At Fifty5 Rivers Cold Brew we are using cold brew as catalyst to provide opportunities for young adults to build a community of peers and mentors through which they will nurture their leadership skills. So, while we are serving cold brew, we’re also serving our youth.
Our future leaders are encouraged to embrace our 5 core leadership traits. These traits are opportunities to empower, embolden, and celebrate.
- We support self-awareness as a tool to understand and monitor our inner thoughts and perspectives. We see self-awareness as an opportunity to be transparent, decisive and humble, and to build our own confidence.
- We champion clear communication, aiming to teach our leaders to utilize humor, respect, and transparency when talking, messaging, or otherwise communicating with others.
- We advocate creativity in problem-solving and in life. We believe that seeking resourceful solutions and embracing multiple perspectives to achieve a fulfilling resolution is a powerful strength.
- We encourage empathy and urge others to employ active listening and work to better understand others’ perspectives.
- We advise commitment and the ability to develop the passion to follow through on one’s life goals and to believe in one’s self.
Like any true leader, we intend to live by the words we say and the lessons we teach. Much like the youth who take on quality leadership through our core values, we strive to maintain our own values as a business, as brewers, as partners, and as mentors.
We strive to be respectful of the environment, minimizing our environmental impact where applicable and utilizing fair trade and organic products when possible. We will be respectful to our communities, employees, suppliers, and the youth we mentor while being true to ourselves.
Reliability offers us the chance to be a pillar in our community. As we teach our leaders to stay committed to their responsibilities, we intend to stay committed to our clients, employees, vendors, and the youth we mentor.
Inspiration isn’t always a naturally occurring ingredient. We strive to push ourselves and our creativity to provide powerful and empathetic leadership to our community, even when we face challenges.
Value is in the service we provide. We intend to serve our community with everything we’ve got. We resolve to nourish, empower, and develop our youth to become the best they can be.
Education is crucial to the self-improvement we encourage. We’re determined to provide top-tier leadership training through our community of peers and mentors. We intend to teach future leaders how to be self-aware, how to communicate, and how to listen.
Respect is our top priority. Whether it’s the future leaders who have taken on the Fifty5 Life or the environment that allows us to provide our community with ethical cold brew, we will communicate and live by our respect.